MANUFACTURING AND MAINTENANCE (CIFM)
The CIFM (Industrial Manufacturing and Maintenance Committee) relates to possible manufacturing operations from moulded, forged and rolled products, tubes, mechanical assemblies and welded assemblies, where non-destructive testing operators can operate at all stages in the life of the manufactured product or the structure (manufacture, mounting, repair, maintenance) in the following fields:
- Heavy equipment, industrial mechanics,
- Boiler construction, sheet-metal working, industrial piping, welded assemblies - Moulded parts, wrought parts, forged parts
- Underwater installations, ship construction, offshore applications
- Nuclear power plants in operation
It also includes the sub-sectors:
- Mechanics: mechanical companies, where non-destructive testing operators can operate at the manufacturing stage of the product or structure: metal parts excluding assembly welds (manufacture, mounting, repair)
- Nuclear power plants in operation (French acronym CENE): relates to test operators operating and working in compliance with the codes and qualified procedures applicable to the tested products and welded assemblies for the maintenance of nuclear power plants in operation
It has seventeen Approved Examination Centres, including one in Arzew in Algeria.
The bureau comprises eleven members who meet about twelve times a year. Apart from standard operating tasks, the agency is in charge of level 3 certification tests.
- Eddy current testing (ET)
- Penetrant testing (PT)
- Magnetic particle testing (MT)
- Radiography (RT)
- Ultrasonic testing (UT)
- Leak testing (LT)
- Acoustic emission (AT)
- Indirect VT (VT)
Natural gas tank visual testing for vehicles (VT GNV) Subaquatic visual testing (VA SA)
Special techniques used in nuclear power plants (CENE sub-sector): RT, UT TRA, ET GV, LT GV
MAIN COMPANIES INVOLVED:
ALSTOM, APAVE, AREVA, CEGELEC NDT, CEP INDUSTRIE - BUREAU VERITAS, CETIM, COMEX NUCLÉAIRE, CTE NORDTEST, DEKRA, EDF, GE, HORUS, INSTITUT DE SOUDURE, INTERCONTROLE, NAVAL GROUP, SGS QUALITEST, ETC...