|Contract type||Permanent position|
|Company||Laborelec ( Group Engie)|
Are you excited about embarking on our journey towards a carbon-neutral world?
We are seeking a collaborative individual who is passionate about making a positive impact on ENGIE Laborelec's success and overall performance. If you have a deep interest in energy transition, power generation, and technology, we urge you to explore this opportunity.
Bring your expertise, grow with us and build your career in safe and diverse environment.
Who are we?
ENGIE Laborelec is a research and expertise center focused on electrical power technology, with a team of over 335 employees from different background. We are part of the ENGIE Group, and more particular the newly created entity called ENGIE Research & Innovation. We support the entire electricity value chain, providing customized solutions to a diverse range of customers from various fields and industries. We are dedicated to achieving a net zero carbon future and finding sustainable solutions.
About the team
One of the most important tasks of the Laborelec NDT (non-destructive testing) team involves performing non-destructive tests to check the critical components of nuclear power plants and conventional thermal power stations among others with a view to detecting and monitoring damage phenomena at a very early stage.
We perform certain specific tests ourselves but in some situations our department observes and qualifies the NDT programs offered by other specialist companies. In some cases we develop new and innovative inspection techniques ourselves for niche applications. A high degree of expertise in damage phenomena, materials science and the NDT techniques themselves is always essential.
Our team performs the following tasks:
• monitoring the quality control of NDT inspections carried out by third parties (around 60%), mainly for larger (nuclear) power plants;
• researching, at the customer's request, new developments in techniques and the testing of certain applications using both conventional NDT methods and alternative techniques such as hyperspectral imaging, thermography, radar and so on, always for industrial applications (around 15%);
• developing our own inspection techniques for very specific niche applications (around 15%);
• assisting with RCAs, whether on site, in our laboratory or elsewhere (around 10%).
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as Expert NDT
In this role, you will participate in all the above tasks to a greater or lesser extent for both projects relating to nuclear power plants in Belgium, and national and international assignments for conventional power plants or renewable energy parks.
As a project leader, you will coordinate (both technically and organizationally) the tasks assigned to you. This involves drawing up a schedule, managing budgets and monitoring the technical quality of inspections. In many cases, you will manage and carry out inspections independently. You will also deal with customers: developing a task's scope, preparing an offer, and maintaining close contact while the service is being performed and afterwards.
You will help to design and develop solutions to our customers' NDT problems and will keep abreast of new developments in the field. You will carry out projects assigned to the team, whether theoretical (studies) or practical (laboratory or on site).
We are looking for a team player who is not afraid to accept new challenges and solve non-standard NDT issues.
You will work alongside a supportive team, and will have access to professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career.
If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply! Do you?
Due to the high level of technical expertise involved in this position, experience in some of the following domains or techniques would be an advantage:
• Familiarity with the Belgian nuclear power plants, legislation/regulations, technical specifications and the relevant authorities (the Authorized Inspection Agency (AIA), Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (FANC), Bel V) - experience of working with these organizations would be a bonus;
• Having Nuclear clearance is a plus;
• Knowledge of the operation of pressurized water reactors (PWRs);
• Familiarity with general metallurgy and safety mechanisms;
• Familiarity with ASME standards for non-destructive testing in nuclear power plants;
• Knowledge of composite materials or concrete.
• International experience
Here's a taste of what Laborelec offers you
Where we work
Our headquarters is based in Belgium (Linkebeek, near to Brussels), and we have several branches in Europe (France, Germany & the Netherlands), LATAM (Chile) and MESCAT (KSA & UAE)
Our values : The 4B’s
Be You, At Laborelec, we encourage you to be yourself and allow your skills and knowledge to shine through.
Be Safe, keeping our employees safe is our top priority.
Become, as a Laborelec employee, you can build your career.
Belong, join our dynamic community at Laborelec and become an integral part of our team.
At ENGIE Laborelec, we are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, including people of all races, genders, ages, religions, disabilities, and sexual orientations.
We'd love to hear from you if this opportunity sparks your interest.
Your HR contact: