Young People and NDT Commission
The first meeting of the Organisation to promote NDE to young people Commission was held on 24 November 2015, in the House of NDEs, thereby kicking off the OPjend.
Its members come from all sectors represented within COFREND.
The OPjend members are expected to promote NDT professions to young audiences in close collaboration with the regional COFREND entities, coordinate national initial training courses, help set up initial NDT training programmes both in the regions and nationally, encourage the creation of all diplomas, qualifications or any other award and harmonise initial training practices in terms of physical and educational resources.
Various actions have already taken place in 2016:
- Seminar on Careers and Training (Saturday, 16 January 2016 in Mulhouse);
- University Open Day in Strasbourg (4-5 February 2016);
- Stand in partnership with Lycée Jean-Mermoz in Saint-Louis (Haut-Rhin);
- Salon des Métiers at the Don Bosco de Landser secondary school (Haut-Rhin), in November 2016;
- Presentation of all our professions to different student groups.
The commission remains open to potential new members. The only condition for joining - be under forty.